Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hot Dogs and Wild Geese

Pg. 11 "I always responded by assuring them that if they moved to another country, they, too, would learn the language".
I thought this was important because she has to be the translator for her mother so she has to go everywhere with her. I think that being a child, it is easier to learn a new language because they have a better memory and can adapt easier to her surroundings including the language. At school I am taking French and that is very hard to learn, however I think it is better that I am learning it when I am young rather when I am older.
Pg. 12 English is a confusing Language."
This stood out to me because for me it is so true. Even for me English is a hard language. I still get confused with all of the rules and exceptions. For example "i" before "e" except after "c". I can't imagine how hard it would be to move to America and learn this language. When Sundara and her family moved to America they had a very hard time learning and understanding American language too.

No comments:

Post a Comment