Sunday, February 26, 2012

Waterloo

Pg. 73 "No, I said, there was nobody yelling at me in the sea."
I chose this because I remember when I was learning how to swim and I hated it. I didn't like how the swim teacher would make us swim all the way down the pool and I couldn't swim that far so I would always almost drown but she would always make me keep going. I think I would've rather learn to swim at my own pace and not be scared of drowning like Firoozeh was.
Pg. 73 "Years later, when we moved to Newport Beach, I discovered that one of the greatest joys in life is jumping from a boat into the deep, blue Pacific ocean."
This quote relates to me because I can remember how much I hated learning to swim, but now that I know how pretty well, I love it! During the summer I love to jump off things and into the water. Now its so much fun, just like Firoozeh loves it now too.

1 comment:

  1. I love to jump off things into the water in the summer too, even though I'm not the best swimmer. Also, I agree with what you said about how sometimes it is better to learn new things at your own pace, without someone there who is trying to help you out.
    -Marty

    ReplyDelete