Saturday, February 25, 2012

In the Gutter

Pg. 13 "The unbreakable bond between my father and his siblings, serves as a testimonial that even though their parents lived very short lives, they did something right."
I thought this was important because they would do anything for their siblings. The dad can not stand when one of his siblings are mad at him. This relates to me because I have a very strong bond with my two sisters as well. Also in Children of the River, Sundara did not have that close of a bond with her sister but when they got split up, she realized how much she misses her.
Pg. 16 "Shortly thereafter, my father gave up bowling entirely, deciding it was a stupid sport, if one could even call it a sport."
I chose this quote because right when he knew he wasn't that good at bowling he just gave it up. I think a lot of people are like that. He didn't even want to practice to get better. This is similar to me when I gave up basketball. I knew that I wasn't that great so I wanted to stop. I am a little disappointed in myself because I gave up and didn't try to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment