Saturday, February 25, 2012

Save Me, Mickey

Pg. 17 "Because we were new to this country, we were impressed not just by the big attractions but also by the little things--smiling employees, clean bathrooms, and clear signage."
 I chose this quote because America has a lot of big attractions, but to hear that they were even impressed by the little things was a little new to hear. Normally when people travel they go to all of the big sightings, at least that's what my family does, but I never really thought about just the plain environment that is new too and could definitely impress people coming from a whole different country.
Pg. 21 "Despite the belief of most Westerners that all Middle Easterners look alike, we can pick each other out of a crowd as easily as my Japanese friends pick out their own from a crowd of Asians."
I found this interesting because she explains that it is like they have a radio frequency that only other Iranians pick up. Many nationalities look very similar, sometimes it is hard for me to tell British from American because we look extremely alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment